Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's been a day...

You know the kind. The kind of day that makes you feel like you have a target on your back. Yeah, one of those days.

Well it really started last night. With the trip to the ER for Emma and her knee. Crutches, ice, and rest. Tendonitis. No biggie. Except now I have to drive her to and from school for the rest of the week. On top of driving her brother, who is having knee surgery tomorrow. Oh, plus working. Yeah work's important.

So my plan was: drive Dylan to school, come home, get ready, drive Emma to school and go to work. I would leave work at 1:40 to pick up Dylan after school, figured I'd dismiss Emma early since she had gym last period. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy, right. Ha. As if.

Remember the target?

Emma has a half-day; Dylan does not. Which means she is out at noon and he is out at 2. And I am in a whole world of suck.

Oh, plus I decide that this would be the morning that I would clean the trackball in my blackberry. I'm nothing if not a glutton for punishment. I pry the trackball out, clean it, and cannot get it back together. Great. Now my phone is not fully functioning. Once again my complete confidence in my ability to do anything, even that which I have no clue about, has back-fired - shocking, right. Remember that target? Yeah. I haven't yet clued myself into the target.

I get Emma to school and get to work, we're down one person already due to a family emergency and our part-time person calls in sick. Ever-loving-god-almighty universe WTF. Still cannot fix my phone but I have loads of work to do and not really a lot of time to do it. Except the Server is down. We need to move stuff to backup in order to get any work done. Hours are wasted in the pursuit of the paperless office and modern convenience.

I hurry out the door at 11:30 to get the Divine Miss Em, go to the Sprint store to have a new trackball installed, get Em home, make sure she is settled and back to work by 12:30. Damn, I'm good! Server is finally not acting like a dickhead and I actually get some work done.

Just in time to leave to get Dylan. Leave work at 1:40, get to school, pick up, go home, check out sister, and back to work by 2:30 and jam out a few hours of work. Good thing I'm awesome!

Peace out people this will probably be the last entry for a few days what with having two kids on crutches, a day at the hospital, and my three fav things in the world: work, work, and more work. But no laundry, Pattycakes did that the other night, cause he's awesome like that.

Oh, and universe, suck it! The target was there all day and you missed.

Send Dylan best wishes, prayers, sacrifices, whatever flavor you indulge in, he could use some. He's had more than his fair share of the suck lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment