Thursday, April 21, 2011

Untitled No. 1

I start a thought and off it goes.
I catch it and I try to smash it, subdue it.
Thoughts like butterflies
Try to grab it and it dies
Smeared and ugly in my mind
I want to think
I want to write
I guess I can’t
Not tonight

Hold your head up
Hold your bearing
Especially when the world’s uncaring

Look for love
Beware of hate
Know the difference
One holds your fate

I choose my fate
My fate is love
I’m sorry for the other one
The one that hates
The one that’s bitter

Look to others
You can see
The fate they chose
The lies they live

Ugly anguish in their midst

The fate they chose
The one not love

No

They chose the other one

Savor all that comes to pass
Even when it kicks your ass

Others in the Untitled series can be found here: Untitled No. 2; Untitled No. 3

No comments:

Post a Comment