Monday, September 19, 2011

Wretched Refuse

"...Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" ~ Emma Lazarus

I'm appalled at what passes for immigration discussion in this country. Illegal Immigration is a chronic and systemic problem that cannot and will not be solved simply by building a goddamn fence across the border and deporting people we pick up in random traffic stops.

I'm about to share with you a report produced by Oxfam America that, in my opinion, should make each and everyone of us sick. Sick to our collective soul.

It's not a short document but one that should be required reading.  Click here to go to Oxfam America's website. Click on the "A State of Fear" link to read the report.

No comments:

Post a Comment