Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Job Creators

That's the latest name for the wealthy.

Job Creators.

As if the rest of the country is waiting around for the 1% to get their act together and get on with the creating.

I don't know any wealthy people. I imagine they are busy, creating jobs. Perhaps the jobs are shy and they have to coax them from the corner. Or, maybe they are growing them in the basement with a grow lamp.

I'm sure they'll be a big announcement when the jobs are ready.

Funny thing, I always thought I knew job creators. But since I don't know any wealthy people, I must be mistaken.

I wonder what I should call the shop owner that opens a store and hires two sales people?

I wonder what I should call the artists/artisans that have a gallery where they have people do stuff for them for money?

I wonder what I should call the owner of the dance studio that tripled in size in the last five years and added loads of new instructors?

I wonder what I call the architect that brings on a new graduate to help with small projects?

I used to call them friends and neighbors.

I used to call them the middle class.

I used to call them the future.

I know one thing, I can't call them job creators.

They're not wealthy enough for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment