Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Facebook Fascination

I imagine this is a topic that I will revisit in future blogs.

I love Facebook; it fascinates me. For such a structured format, it has this amazing organicy flow that I find so incredibly compelling. I'm not a power-user (I have less than 200 friends) but I am an active-user. By that I mean, I post, a lot, and I can get some pretty interesting conversations going with a cross-section of my facebook "friends". I'm sure I annoy some, but the beauty of facebook is, I don't care. Block me or even, gasp, unfriend me. My wall is my kingdom and if you don't like it, leave.

Whenever I'm on the computer, which at work is almost all day, I have it in the background so I can jump over and check in when I have a ebb in work or need a break from all the bullshit. I'm lucky to be working where I have a lot of latitude but they're also lucky to have me and they know it. I work fast, I'm accurate and I'm smart. I not only make them money, I save them money. I can do just about anything that needs doing and, if I don't know how to do it, I'll figure it out. 

But this isn't about work, it's about facebook. Well, it's about me really. Isn't everything?

5 comments:

  1. I feel the same way you don't have to agree with everything i say but in reality it's my wall my facebook account and my opinion so if you don't like what i say then comment on it don't say that i shouldn't post it on MY wall because that just fuels my fire and do what i do if i don't like what you have to say then i'll block you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep looking for the "like" button... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, I have followers... yeah me!

    ReplyDelete