Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Moving on




Well, it's official, Patch and I are parting ways.

It's been a really tremendous two years and I'll always be grateful that I had such an amazing opportunity as a brand new writer. Some writers toil their whole lives and never get paid to do what they love. Me, they started paying two months after I started writing. So, go me!

What's next? I hear you asking all the way from the future.

Well, I'll continue to publish my blog but I’ve decided that this is a sign from the universe that it's time to focus on finishing Restless and other stories that I’ve been neglecting (cough – Girls Like Us – cough). Also, several people have messaged me to ask if I had plans to lengthen Restless into a full-fledged book and since I have some new found free time I've decided that, yes, Restless will be turned into a novel or at least a novella.

Honestly, I’m a little relieved. It’s hard to come up with content every single week and since it was work, it took priority over all of my other writing. I can now concentrate on writing stories and updating the blog which is different from Patch, it’s informal. Patch was a job so my standards were higher and no cussing so thesaurus use was increased. Have to give mucho props and admiration to those who come up with original content every single day. It’s harder than you realize.

Thanks to everyone that has supported me through reading and sharing on Facebook, I appreciate all of your support and encouragement. I especially loved hearing from people who were moved enough by something I wrote to reach out to me and let me know.

Y’all are awesome so big round of applause to you all. Clap, clap, clap.

I’m going to try to stick to the Wednesday posts but I’m not going to be all crazy psycho about it. If I want to post on Tuesday well, damn it, you’re getting a Tuesday post.

I promised myself that I will write every single day. I’ll share more of it too.

Here’s to epic new adventures and fun new characters!

I hope you continue to tune in and that I inspire you to keep on sharing.



No comments:

Post a Comment